Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Street Mascots and YOU.

Well sorry for the long delay between posts but having a baby will put your schedule on hold for awhile. For those that did not know Beckett Jacob Maxfield was born on 28th of April of 2010. It was an amazing event to be apart of. I am so proud to be a father again.

Ok now on to my issue. Street Mascots. I would like to institute an official rule that your company cannot have a street mascot without a permit. Who would issue these permits?? ME and only me. The only time that a permit is not needed is if the unemployment rate gets above 50 percent. Once the unemployment rate is at half of our population we can allow Street Mascots only for the fact this would create jobs. For no other reason would there be a time that permits are not required.

I really would like to know if there is a person out there that does not know that Little Caesar Pizza is 5$ or that April 15th is Tax day? Do we really need the Statue of Liberty or Uncle Sam walking up and down the street waving as us at stop lights from January until April. I will not even get going on Gorillas waving for Car sales. Never understood the correlation between Gorillas and selling cars.

So here is what I purpose is that we boycott anyone that has a street mascot. I will leave it up to your discretion on how you would like to handle it but we need to stand up and do something about clearing our side walks of people dressed in so called "costumes" and waving at us. This is a call to action who is with me?? Oh I am sure that there is some tax evasion and child labor laws that are being violated but I will save that for another post.

1 comment:

Truckmaster Jake said...

YOu crack me up! Seriously, though, I have no idea what the mascots accomplish. Some guy has a job, though, so why not? If nothing else, they give us something to laugh at as we drive down the street!