Monday, September 13, 2010

Football season

Well we have officially entered into the most unproductive time of year. For all business owners out there, just realize that your employees will be significantly less productive from now until January. However in January you will be back to 75% as College football will be over and NFL is in the home stretch. Now that we all know that we are going to be less productive and engage in social loafing more often through the day, lets talk Football.

1. I have noticed that I am more excited this year for some reason. I am in 1 fantasy league and one Survivor league. Advice... To all that are in some form of fantasy league, follow your gut. If you have a feeling follow it.

2. Why is everyone Mic up? This year the center of each team will ware a microphone so we can hear the cadence? Why? I have no idea what they are saying little lone what they mean. Hike the ball and play. Don't need to hear it. Do we really need to hear pregame rants from linebackers as well?? NO we do not. Coaches in the locker room?? we have seen what is really said by coaches from watching Hard Knocks so we know that what the coaches are saying is not real anyway. What they are saying is filler until the camera is off.

3. Last but not least why are we (as a society) building these new, huge, multi billion dollar stadiums only to try to make it more like being at home?? This does not make sense. I have 3D TV, now everyone is waring a Mic and I don't have to fight traffic, pay to park, sit next to a meatball, or overpay for food that I can make myself. News Flash: You go to the stadium for the stadium atmosphere. NOT to feel like your at home. Make me want to be apart of the Stadium atmosphere and then I will want to come. For now I got the better deal: Home,Couch, food and a fast forward button.
All in all I am ready for this season. Fall, Football and family is why this is the greatest time of the year. So while your being unproductive try to get some stuff done. And for all you Bosses out there, remember to factor in Football when you make your quarterly projections.

No comments: