Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Will that be all for you today??

Will that be all for you today? How many times have we heard this while placing an order at an eating establishment?? What usually follows this question? Well if you are an active listener you will then tell me my total and complete the transaction. Well this is not the case any more. I feel that I will tell you the names of the institutions that I have come to hate due to the fact that they cannot listen. Taco Bell, Del Taco, Burger King are the Big 3.
I have worked for the Yum corporation and know what it is like to be told how to take orders and up sale customers to promotional items. This is not my issue. You can ask me all the questions you want. If I would like to try this or that new menu item. Or if you would like to donate a dollar to whatever charity. I do not really mind if you ask if I would like to add a cookie, churro, cheese cake bites, caramel empanada. The point is this. DO NOT ASK ME ANY MORE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU SAY " will that be all for you today?" Ounce you have asked this question you give up any right to ask any others. Please stand up with me in helping our order taking friends realize that they are not listening to us. They may hear what we say but are not listening. I hope that we can take a lesson from this and learn to listen better in our lives. Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

Brandon McCullough said...

Amen! Taco bell is the absolute worst at this. I said that is all five times ma'am. Please stop pestering me!

Marissa said...

I agree-it drives me nuts!

grizzman said...

ode to find the truckmaster busy with his work,,telling us that these places are full of jerks..asking questions when we have said good bye...please just open the window and give me my fries.....don't ask more...or the thing will happen....ill pull you through that drive through window and start a slappin , just give me my taco like a good little boy,,,this will complete my joy.......now as to sleeping when in the car..i take it this happens when your mouth a ajar...words coming out like they will have no end......will drive your wife and daughter to insanity's end......will it never stop or go away.....the same ole things that jake will say.....we heard it before when he opens the door...we hear it again like a mother hen..if we seem to sleep , it amazingly goes away..so ive found the cure, and its safe to say......it works..and it all goes away. for more information on my cure..write to grizzman international where my trained staff of two furry dogs , will wake up from there naps..for they are in the testing mode for the jaw drop syndrome, for i seem to have it too, and i only think there is nothing i can do.....it seems to flow at any given time...when my jaw is flapping, i lose track of time..should i say more, i think not,,,for i am learning...sometimes i must just stop.